Contact Form 7 is an amazing plugin for building forms for WordPress websites. It has a very friendly interface which makes it easy to use and people love it! I love it too! Well, the lack of a mechanism for saving the submitted forms into the database was missing from quite some time and the newbies didn’t know about this plugin which helps to save the contact form 7 submissions and can check the uploaded files later in the dashboard itself.
The “CFDB7” plugin saves contact form 7 submissions to your WordPress database. Export the data to a CSV file.
The best part is that just by simply installing the plugin, it will automatically begin to capture form submissions from contact form 7.
Features of CFDB 7
- No configuration is needed
- Single database table for all forms
- Easy to use and lightweight plugin
- Developer friendly & easy to customize
- Export the data to a CSV file.
Contact Form 7 Database Addon – CFDB7 can be instaled in 3 different steps:
- Go in your WordPress admin panel at Plugins section -> click on Add new then Upload Plugin. Upload our zip file and then activate it.
- Go in your WordPress admin panel at Plugins section -> click on Add new then search in the search bar for CFDB7 and install and then activate it.
- Via FTP. Unzip the zip file in your PC then upload the folder in wp-content/plugins. Then Activate the plugin from the admin panel.
Step By Step Guide
Step 1: Install & Activate
Step 2: On the Left Hand side Bottom you can check for the tab Contact Forms. Click It.
Step 3: Click on the Contact Form of Which you wanna check the database or the submission. Once you click on the contact form you can check the list of submissions. In the Above case only one contact form 7 is configured, click on it.
You can check the details in the WordPress dashboard itself, as well as it can be viewed in an Excel Sheet. Select all the database and click on Export to CSV on the top to download it to your Desktop.
In everything we do, we tend to follow the “set it and forget it” principle. WordPress is not an exception. Installing and setting up a plugin like Contact Form 7 doesn’t guarantee you that you’ll instantly receive to email all those submitted forms. So it’s best to at least have in mind a backup solution and why not, get one. As you could see already, it’s pretty easy to do it!