A website can have different design’s, functions, pattern and needs as per the client. A website can either be static or dynamic. So depending on one’s need, functions there are a set of Different Types Of Websites made commonly as given below.
Static is outdated and not recommended. Static sites are not at all mobile-friendly and open in a very haphazard way when opened in mobile. Also, many of the static websites use Flash which is not common these days and some sections don’t open in many of the browsers.
A dynamic website is very interactive, updated real-time and can be optimised. A very common term used with the website is Responsive, which means it can adapt to any browser Chrome, Firefox etc. and can suit any display options desktop, Mobile or Tablet.
Now let’s list and understand the Different Types Of Websites made Commonly
- Blog / Blogging – This website is run by one person or a small group and is normally written in a laid-back style. It is completely content-oriented. A successful blogging site can easily be monetised through various options.
- Business, brochure or Informative – This is the most basic type of Website. It will have a few pages about the company e.g. About, services, contact etc. This type of website presents an overview of the company.
- E-commerce – An e-commerce website is a website that allows buying & selling of products or services. This can further be classified as a Single Vendor Website or Multi-Vendor website. In a Single Vendor website, there is only one Seller / Owner of website selling single or different products of various categories. In a Multi-Vendor Website, different Sellers come together to sell their respective products. Eg. Amazon or Flipkart.
- Personal – This type of website is owned by photographers, famous personalities or any Individual’s. Resume Website is the one which is trending and getting attention for 2020.
- Portal – A portal is larger than a website. It can have various features & functions. It can be internal websites for organizations like schools, or for big businesses. It usually has a login and payment gateways. Usually portals are used for generating major online businesses. Portals can be specific in nature. For example, Job Portal is specifically for job hunters. Buy and Sell Car Website Portals etc. Hope the above examples will clear the doubt in your mind about the difference between just a website & Web Portal.
- Portfolio – This is one step further than a personal website – this is where a portfolio website can help. Best suited for freelancers to showcase their work and get noted.
- Business Directory – These are websites to find services and businesses. Basically these are online directories pertaining to a specific topic or general. They can be dedicated to a specific location, topic or industry. Directory websites serve as useful lists of resources. Eg. Just dial, Practo etc.
- Online Community – These are community forums to be in touch and share ideas with people of the same interests or from similar backgrounds or community. Website users can share their ideas, photo’s etc. with each other.
- Social media – Social media websites are platforms which allow the sharing of images or ideas. They encourage online interaction and sharing. The most popular social media website is Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
So we hope the above examples will clear the doubt in your mind about the Different Types Of Websites made Commonly and what is the website that you are thinking to make.